Thursday, March 13, 2014

Amadeus Has Begun!

I am thrilled that tonight I get to open a show that has been on my "bucket list" for years, Amadeus! Third Coast Digest wrote a great article about the show, including an interview with myself and a few of my cast. I have to say this has been one of the best casts I have ever worked with. Our rehearsals were productive and fun, and they all went above and beyond for this show.
Besides the cast, the next best part about this production is the setting. We get to stage this show in the beautiful and magical Villa Terrace in Milwaukee. I was truly inspired by this setting for the show. It is an old mansion on the lakefront that was built in the style of an 18th century villa. It is now an art museum filled with antiques and art, all approperate for the Amadeus setting. We are preforming the show in the main hall, and we are using the antique furniture as our set pieces. The audience will be seated in the hall an arms length away from the actors, which is my favorite way to stage a show.
Overall, I am truly excited about this production! What a great way to start the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment